Random facts and other cool things

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Third time's the charm: Paris...now without Julie: Day 7

Easter Sunday in Paris...this time much better than my sad Easter Sunday in Verona last year.

Got up early and made my way to Hillsong Paris, the satellite church of Hillsong London. It meets in a theater in the southern part of the city which means it wins the award for the prettiest church bathrooms ever. The woman's bathroom was shiny pink mosaic tiles floor to ceiling with white basins and faucets that came directly out of the wall. The theater wasn't air conditioned so it was a bit warm, but the time was worship was great. We sang in both English and French. They had prepared a special presentation for Easter that was mostly non-verbal. Unfortunately it was so artistic that it would have been difficult for someone who wasn't familiar with the Easter story to know what was going on. It was obvious they had put in a lot of work to have it be something special so I felt bad that it hadn't turned out as clear as they had hoped.

After church, I wandered up to the 7th, hoping to find a good restaurant open, but everything seemed to be closed or super expensive. I metroed back to the apartment and had a good nap, cleaned up the place and researched a possible restaurant in the 5th. However, when I got there, that was also closed. So I wandered around the 6th which has some really great restaurants and shops. I sat in one place ready to order but after a mere 2 minutes I was so overheated that I had to excuse myself and get outside. I looked into some shops and ended up walking over to Pozzetto's again for some AMAZING gelato of pear and chocolate. Sitting on the fountain at the Hotel de Ville, I watched the sun go down and went back to pack for Brussels!

No comments:

Post a Comment