Random facts and other cool things

Friday, September 18, 2009

School Party and surprise, surprise, more food!

Today after school was the annual ISA Welcome Back party which also coincided with our school's 5th anniversary.

Our Friday's end at 2:00PM which gives parents a longer weekend and gives teachers an hour and a half planning time at the end of the week.

But this Friday was the party and parents were asked to bring homemade specialty foods. And boy did they bring it!

We had six buffet tables of food. SIX! Everything from Russian pudding to pretzels to sushi to Indian specialties to Canadian beef jerky, donuts, apple cake, cheesecakes, mini meatballs...Yeah. It was great.

We also had three drink stations and one bar set up. They had hired in extra tables and standing cocktail tables for the foyer and the front patio area.

Lots of families showed and it was fun to mingle...meaning all us teachers hung out together and occasionally greeted parents. I love my staff. They are hysterical. When it comes to the end of the week and food is involved, it's off the hook. Enjoy some choice quotes from the party:

Me: How many mini-meatballs have you eaten?
Matthew(with two in each hand): Um...I've lost track.

Brett: I just can't have more sushi. I've already had two plates, I'll save it for the parents...okay, just one more...

Laura: There is more food outside! Are chou kidding me! (In her cute Spanish accent)

Matthew: Does anyone else have beer? Am I the only one? I look like the drunk teacher, don't I? No one else is holding a bottle of beer. I'm "that guy", aren't I? I need to distance myself (shoves bottle into corn/harvest centerpiece)

Gutrin: German beaches are so boooring...(said in very thick German accent)

Susan (who is Australian): Check this out. Hey, Matthew. What's the number between 5 and 7?
Matthew (who's from New Zealand): Why?
Susan: Just say it. What's the number between 5 and 7?
Matthew: Sex
Susan: Ahahaha...
Matthew: Oh yeah, what did we eat for lunch today?
Susan: Feesh
Me: Fish?
Susan: Yeah, feesh...
Me: Ahahaha...
Susan: Matthew what did you eat?
Matthew: Fush...



2 comments: