Reasons I did not rent a car and do it myself:
- Driving on the opposite side of the road
- Being by myself
- Paying close to $150 for one car for one day not counting gas
- Sheep
- Rain
- Really bad roads
The road to Waterville was dotted with glimpses of the ocean and surrounding hills. Once we got to Waterville for lunch I headed out to the beach to catch some spray and get some good pictures. I managed to climb up a rock wall to get a good shot of a hillside before being blown back into the pub where I had a plate of French fries to tie me over. Back into the bus we went up into the mountains where we could barely see anything due to the fog, but I found it magical rather than annoying. Eventually we stopped at the town of Sneem which you would miss if you sneezed. This is where the road got really crazy. I don't know if it was the bus's bad suspension or the roads or a combination but we were jostled all over the place and were dodging cars, sheep and people on bicycles as we wound our way through roads that really should only hold one car.
By the time we were at Ladies View overlooking the National Park I was ready for a nap and for solid ground. I'll be posting pictures once the internet improves. The day was fun but long and it doesn't make sense without the pictures!
now. imagine being in a full-size coach bus and a stray sheep steps out in front of the bus. i experienced that event more than once on my bus tour of the ring of kerry!
ReplyDelete