Seems hard to believe that I have officially lived in Germany for one year. So many things have happened and in many ways it still feels very new. However, coming off the plane in Munich and making my way through the airport, I wasn't even thinking about what I was doing, it was so automatic. I didn't have to change the ticket machine language into English or even ask what platform was where. It was home.
Also had the chance this weekend to help dear friends building their home...literally! Melissa and Christoph are moving to Augsburg in October when their house will be completed. Saturday and Sunday the three of us painted away, completing almost all the painting for three out of four floors. Phew! But how could I pass up spending hours with one of my favorite couples!
This past week our school meetings have started up again and it's the first time in 6 years of teaching that I didn't have to:
1. Move buildings or
2. Move rooms or
3. Move states
Hooray!!!! At summer break, I just shoved everything into the cupboards for later and this week I threw 90% of it into the rubbish bin, sat around and wondered what to do the rest of the week.
Sarah and I have already completed most of our planning it's just the nitty-gritty details, so I found myself making up tasks for myself to do. Where are the 3,000 boxes to unpack? The stress of not knowing where something was mislaid? What is all this peace and quiet? I could get used to this. :-)
Tomorrow: the infamous staff outing which this year includes a boat! Blog post will definitely follow...
No comments:
Post a Comment