Random facts and other cool things

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

August 18, Day 1: Reality Hits

1. I live here. I actually live in a different country.

2. I will have to learn how to cook. I mean, really cook. I have no microwave and a freezer that will maybe fit one Ben and Jerry’s.

3. I will be losing a ton of weight. I can literally walk almost anywhere. Unless it’s raining or snowing, there really is no reason to take the tram for short distances.

4. I look down too much. I walked right past the famous Rauthaus and didn’t even realize it for a good two blocks. It’s amazing what you see when you look up.

The rest of my first day after Sabrina took me to the apartment to get me settled in and after we had an unsuccessful trip to get a cell phone number, I napped for about two hours before tackling unpacking. It wasn’t bad considering I brought almost nothing but clothes and shoes.

I also realized I may have watched one too many home design TV shows in that I completely rearranged the furniture based on “zones”. I have an entertaining zone, a work zone, an eating zone and a sleeping zone. The flow works much better though. J Thankfully, Evan had fairly good taste. Both couches are similar shades of royal blue with matching accent pillows. The sheets and duvet are black and white which is just fine with me.

My first Augsburg meal was quite gourmet…a bag of gummy bears Evan left me. I did go to two grocery stores, but nothing looked that great after not really sleeping for 28 hours. I had had a salad at the airport before I left along with two meals on the plane so I didn’t want to overdo it too much especially if I wasn’t really hungry.

Tomorrow I'm off with Manuela to be registered with the local government, set up a bank account and get my phone and internet. We'll see how day 2 goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment