Sarah was wonderful. She took me just about everywhere. I was able to purchase a map of Augsburg, we went to the bus depot(Konigsplatz), train depot(Hbf), farmer's market(Stadt Markt), fish/bread/cheese/meat hall, the mall, and the library(Bibliotek). I was able to get a library card as well as enjoy some amazing ice cream (Eis) outside the Mozartplatz.
At the library we met up with the ESL teacher, Rama, and her 2 year old son, Ramir. Rama is from Syria but has an almost American accent. She is very smiley and funny(if you watched the school video, she's the one at the beginning with the white headscarf). Ramir is definitely two and was trying to get into everything possible.
After the library, we wandered back to the Rathausplatz and ate a light lunch at Pow Wow Coffee. I felt exceptionally European sitting in an outdoor cafe on a plaza, watching people, chatting with new friends and avoiding needy pigeons. We sat for a good hour chatting and talking about school. It was interesting to hear their conversation and I was able to pick up on some of the struggles with the school as well as some of the things that are improving or have improved for this school year.
Now, I'm trying to recover from all the walking and the heat (remember, no AC in Germany, not even in the mall!) and get some rest. I wonder what I'll do tomorrow?
It made me smile to hear about the "ESL teacher." CHS misses their ESL 4 teacher.
ReplyDeleteYour mom is keeping me posted and sent your blog page to me. I am so glad God has given this oportunity to you. Have a great day -- I am enjoying the AC in room A11.
Beckie
I am SO glad I found your blog! (I shouldn't say "found", since you gave directions on facebook). I guess the realization of actually living in another country have sunk in for you already. It reminds me of my first couple of days in the U.S., very wild.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe there's no AC there! I don't think I can do it. I love to keep cool too much.
Please keep this coming! I love reading about your adventures!
How amazing to read all about your adventures so quickly! God has certainly done above and beyond what we could have dared to dream for you. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Blessings and prayers,
MOM