Random facts and other cool things

Monday, August 24, 2009

The Supermarkt


I had been to the local grocery stores before to get odds and ends, but I didn't really like it. They are fairly small and the prices aren't what they should be (even for Euros standards). So I was excited when I got the supermarkt (no I'm not spelling it wrong, that's how it's spelled in German) flyers in the mail last week with their sales for this week.
Rewe and E-center are the closest supermarkts to me, but this time E-center had better sales for what I needed.

So this morning, I walked the 15 minutes down this path:
to E-center which is conveniently located in the middle of the mall.

I decided against a few things I had seen in the flyer, but found others I didn't even think of (sliced bread...). I even found things I absolutely love such as pineapple juice which has the dubious reputation of having the most sugar of any fruit juice, but it's so good! And I swear I didn't know that the Obstgarten (fruit garden) cups were pudding cups not yogurt until I opened it! Well, okay the fact that it was in the dessert section kind of gave it away, but they were only 0,25 euros...

My budget was 11 euros or about $16 so I was very happy to have come in at 7,79 euros or about $11.50. Woohoo! I still have to get milk to go with my corn flakes since they were restocking and I wasn't quite sure the German word for "skim".

The magical walk to the supermarkt wasn't quite as magical carrying my bag of groceries, but I'll get used to it. Now off for more Obstgarten...

No comments:

Post a Comment