The neighbors with whom I share a patio wall are an elderly couple who like to sit out on the patio and chat. This morning, however, I woke up to them singing. She would start one verse and he would pick up the next. It's so cute. I'm pretty sure they are singing in Italian.
Also early this morning (well, early as in I was still in bed around 9AM), my buzzer rang. I frantically put decent non-pj clothes on and opened the door to a very nicely dressed older woman who started off by apologizing and then zipped off in German I couldn't quite make out until she said "Post....Ernst..." Aaaaaa, the letter thing! What I could make out either she is or she is a friend of Eva Ernst, the other Ernst in the building, and she was apologizing for the mix-up with my bank letter. I couldn't get a word in edge-wise to let her know that I wasn't quite understanding everything until about 2 minutes later. She then said in German, "Oh I have a friend who knows English" and kept speaking about something. I kept smiling and nodding and then she left.
When I came downstairs there was a very stern note to the Postman on Eva's box, telling him to make sure he checks the name before putting it in her box.
Many of my neighbors seem to be younger mothers and pensioners (retirees) which is fine with me. It tends to be quiet, no loud music or yelling which is nice. I do hear the sirens from the hospital down the street, but after years of living near the firestation in El Cajon, it doesn't bother me and I sleep right through it.
Well, here comes the rain again (cue 80's hit) so I had better close the windows. Tonight, I'm going out with my principal, Cathie so I'll let you know how that goes soon!
That's right. El Cajon has taught us to sleep through anything... ANYTHING! Even loud parties, sirens, and police helicopters!
ReplyDeleteHahaha...very true.
ReplyDelete