
Machine that looks very similar to the one I used
Well, I finally did it! I did my laundry! Now, this might sound a bit trivial to you, but doing laundry in a different country is, well, different.
First of all, I had a two second tutorial the first day in town on how to use my washing machine in the basement. All I remember is him saying to push the green button. Hmmm...
I had to bring my dictionary downstairs with me to read the instructions about how to wash my laundry. But the past two days, people have had their laundry in there when I go to wash, so I've had to wait...and wait... Today when my fashion choice had to be brown pants with a blue pinstripe paired with a red shirt, I knew it was time to act.
Once the washer was open, I frantically looked through my dictionary only to discover that nouns and verbs used in washing clothes were not included in my dictionary. So I guessed. And thankfully, I guessed correctly!
In Germany, they don't actually have dryers (most people think it's a waste of energy and it's expensive so why bother?) so Evan left a super deluxe clothes rack along with a handy-dandy blue string that is criss-crossing my entire room, full of pants.
In addition to have really good taste in furniture, Evan also had great taste (or scent?) in detergent. My clothes smell wonderful!
It's funny how accomplishing the little things can feel like such a triumph.
Hooray on the laundry front. I am so glad for you. I heard you had to go to the doctor. Please explain.
ReplyDelete