Random facts and other cool things

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Welcome to my blog!

Congratulations on finding my blog about my new adventure in Germany.
If you do not know the full story of how I got here, here is the recap:
  • Fall 2007--signed up with COIS as an agency
  • Winter 2008--went to Seattle for job fair...disaster
  • Winter 2008--told my AZ school I was not coming back next year.
  • Spring 2008--massive job search comes up with nothing.
  • Spring/Summer 2008--leave AZ school at the end of the school year.
  • Summer 2008--move back to San Diego. No job.
  • July 2008--interview with International School of Augsburg, they love me, but the timing is too short. Bummer.
  • August 2008--get hired as a high school ESL teacher.
  • January 2009--head to London for second job fair; get stuck in the worst blizzard in 20 years. Darn, I have to spend two more days in London...
  • February 2009--almost have a job, but my email goes to junk mail and is never delivered. No job.
  • March 2009--hear this from co-worker, "Well, I guess you're stuck with us." Start searching out jobs furiously.
  • April 2009--Contact International School of Augsburg, they still want me!
  • April 2009--Accept job as Grade 4 teacher.
  • April 2009--get apartment from teacher who is leaving school. He is from California. Sweet!
  • August 2009--fly out to East Coast to visit family.
  • August 2009--arrive in Augsburg.
So there you have it. You should be all caught up by now. Stay tuned as I post pictures and stories about my experiences living and teaching in Germany!

No comments:

Post a Comment